What to Expect at Your First Class
Sessions start with a series of breathing and relaxation techniques to prepare and align the body in a more neutral and natural position. This will then lead to exercises that loosen the back, neck, shoulders and pelvis to create the best possible canvas for the Pilates exercises executed in class. Correct alignment is key in order to gain the full benefit of each exercise.
Pilates teaches us body awareness, good posture and graceful movement. The beauty of Pilates is that it is modifiable to suit the body of the individual performing each exercise; training for rehabilitation, general workouts that will protect your body from being injured in the process and body conditioning for athletes of all trades.
- For your first visit, please arrive 10 minutes prior to your scheduled class to fill out the required registration form.
- Wear clothing that you can move freely in, allowing the body to stretch without restriction. Teachers need to see your alignment and body position, loose clothing is not recommended for this reason.
- All clients are asked to bring a pair of clean socks.
- All sessions have a strict 24-hour cancellation policy (including the first session).
- If you arrive more than 10 minutes late, you may not participate in the class. This is to protect you from injury and out of respect for your teacher and classmates. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the teacher, and whether you are capable of doing your own warm-up.
- Inform your Pilates teacher of any injuries, body adjustments or special conditions prior to your session.
- Please ensure you sign up for classes at the Pilates studio, the Concierge, or with the Pilates teacher directly; we cannot guarantee your space otherwise.
- There are no refunds on packages purchased at Carmel Valley Athletic Club.
- Please be mindful of noise when sessions are taking place.
Carmel Valley Athletic Club- 27300 Rancho San Carlos, Carmel CA